So your maps are outdated? The following tutorial is for Papago only (iPhone).
- First you must have Papago M8 installed on your device.
- Secondly you must have WinSCP installed on your computer.
Here we go :
- Go to www.malfreemaps.com ← registration needed (its free)
- Download Custom MFM-PPG-110802C ← its free too
- When done, just launch the installer
- Next, Next, Agree to Terms, Choose Your Installation Directory
- Important! Select [Papago M6~M7 for iPhone] and Install
Copy Maps to iPhone :
- Open up WinSCP (tutorials here)
- Key in your IP Address ← your network adress
- Your Host Name : [root]
- Your password : default is [alpine] or your own password that you have set
- Once you are in …. search for Papago folder : /private/var/mobile/Applications/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ← to easily look that certain folder go to your SBsettings on your iPhone, click [More], scroll down till you see [App Folders], look for [PPG!xxxxxxx] depending what maps you are having then click on it. Look for the last 4 digits, remember it!
- Now go back to WinSCP, search for the [Navi] folder on the left pane, it should be in your C:/ drive as default
- On your WinSCP right pane, search for that particular folder with the same last 4 digits.
- Still on your right pane : Navigate to PPG!xxxxxx.app > Navi > Maps > MFM ← this is where all your maps data are stored
- Before you copy anything, you have to RENAME three files.
- On your newly downloaded maps folder rename [Papago.dbp] → [papago.dbp], [standard.mb6] → [Standard.mb6], [standard_L.mb6] → [Standard_L.mb6]
- You have to rename those uppercase to lowercase and vice versa in order to view some of the POI icons in your map.
- Now after renaming them, copy everything into your MFM folder on the right pane. You just select everything and drag them onto the right pane.
- When prompted if you want to overwrite the files, just select [YES TO ALL]
- When done, exit everything, and launch your Papago GPS on your iPhone. Check settings and see if your maps were updated.
1. Junction views.
2. Lane assists.
3. 3D Buildings (courtesy of Papago).
4. Shaded intersections.
5. Toll booth alert (Selected toll roads).
6. Speed limit sign (custom version only).
7. Speed camera alert & icon display (custom version only).
8. Fast POI search.
9. Custom POI icons.
10. Malaysia highway symbol.
11. Announce approaching underpass, flyover, bridge, tunnel, parking area and rest area.
12. Singapore postal code (M3GPS X3/X5~X7 only).
13. Coverage of Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei. (South Thailand will be included in near future map release)